Online Workshops – Instructor Led
Making Metrics Count
In my experience as an Agile Coach of various shapes and formats and in different organizations, I have seen a whole range of reactions with regards to the act of gathering metrics. The most common case is when teams and organizations lose trust and interest in collecting data about their performance. Interestingly, in most cases, it is in these same teams or organizations that participants also lose the drive and commitment towards their cadence events (Scrum events, overall postmortems, roadmap alignment meetings, etc). While I have not yet proven this scientifically, I strongly believe that this correlation is not coincidental.
In this course I want participants to come to experience two things:
- That the act of gathering basic flow metrics is easy and within everyone’s reach. Doing so, you can get access to a wide range of insights over an organization or team’s performance.
- That when cadene events are married to the collective and objective activity of analyzing data, the quality and engagement of both the meeting itself as well as that of the outcome becomes exponentially superior. It is through the act of collecting and analyzing data that events transform from ceremonies to scientific, empirical, feedback loops.
- Discuss and inspect the mechanics behind Scrum, Kanban and Agile
- Get in touch with the concepts of Flow, its supporting metrics, and how these can be observed and measured
- Connect theory with tools and reporting systems available to the teams
- Workshop ideas on how metrics can be used to enrich existing team meetings
- Virtual course, with access to interactive whiteboards
- Session for up to 12 people
- 2 sessions of 6 hours each, spread over 2 working days
Systems Inspired Facilitation
Our industries are experiencing rapid growth and evolution. Science has shown that year after year our technologies have been doubling their strengths while getting smaller and more portable. This trend is expected to continue as new techniques of leveraging knowledge and information are developed and applied in our workplaces.
The way we lead needs to keep up with this rapid development. Gone are the days where one leader has the visibility, knowledge and answer to all the challenges impacting their team or organization. What form will leadership take in this new environment?
In the Systems Inspired Facilitation Workshops we explore techniques that allow leaders to truly involve their team members in decision making and in building a safe and creative environment.
The workshops will aim to help leaders achieve the following learning objectives:
- Develop practical facilitation skills: Participants will learn and apply facilitation techniques that prioritize creating a safe and inclusive space for all meeting participants, enabling open communication and collaboration.
- Enhance emotional intelligence in facilitation: Participants will develop their ability to be aware of and manage their own emotions, as well as understand and empathize with the emotions of others in the meeting room, fostering a more harmonious and productive environment.
- Foster a culture of shared understanding and collaboration: Participants will explore and practice methods to encourage the expression of diverse perspectives, thoughts, and ideas within a team, promoting a sense of belonging and collective ownership of outcomes.
- Utilize visual tools for effective communication: Participants will learn how to employ visual aids and techniques to make concepts, patterns, and shared work more visible and accessible, enabling effective communication and shared understanding among team members.
- Cultivate a systems thinking mindset: Participants will develop an understanding of systems theory and its application in facilitation, recognizing the interconnectedness of individuals, teams, and the larger organizational context. They will learn to navigate and address complex challenges by considering the broader system in which they operate.
These workshops are practical implementations of the book Systems Inspired Leadership by Frank Uit de Weerd and Marita Fridjhon.
Participants will also get A FREE HANDBOOK for the journey we will do together, which includes workshop ideas as well as Miro templates ready to use in your next meeting.